For warranty to remain in effect, door must be finished within 24 hours of delivery and must be finished according to directions below
- BLP Jack Tar High Gloss Ext. Marine Spar Varnish
- 000 Steel Wool & 180 Grit Sandpaper
- Minwax Stain or Equivalent
- High-Quality Urethane Brush
- Door must be finish sanded with 180 grit sandpaper before staining
- Apply stain and allow to dry
- Apply 1st coat of varnish. Allow to dry.
- Lightly buff with 000 steel wool
- Apply 2nd , 3rd,and 4th coats of varnish, buffing with steel wool between each coat. (For high sun exposure elevations and dark stained doors a 5th coat is necessary)
- Door must be sealed on all sides (Front, Back, Sides, and TOP)
- To maintain the exterior of door unit, buff lightly with 180 grit sandpaper or 000 steel wool and apply one coat of varnish. Doors need to be inspected once a year and re-varnished (1 coat) at least once every 2 years (Dark stained doors and doors on high sun exposure elevations need to be re-varnished every year).