Iron Door Warranty
Jemison warrants the structure, bearings, hinges, and latches to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase. Glass is warranted for 1 year against any material obstruction of view caused by a defect in material and workmanship under normal circumstances. The finish is warranted for 1 year. This warranty will be void if the door is not stored, installed, and maintained correctly. The following are not considered defects in material and workmanship and are not covered under this warranty:
- Damage caused beyond the control of Jemison Wholesale Door including but not limited to misuse, mishandling, and acts of nature.
- Damage or excessive wear of finish from elements due to inadequate overhang. The minimum overhang should equal 1⁄2 the distance between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the overhang.
- Scratches and scuff marks made to the finish through shipment or installation. Touch-up kits are available for purchase.
- Minor finish color differences. Each door is handmade and one of a kind. Slight variations to the finish color are expected.
- Condensation or temperature change on the inside of the doors during extreme temperatures.
- Rust where the finish of the door has been scratched or compromised
- Labor and delivery costs for warranty replacements
Claim Procedures and Remedies
All warranty claims must be emailed to email@example.com within the warranty period. Upon validation by Jemison Specialty Doors of a warranty claim, at our discretion, we will:
- Provide a replacement to the customer at no cost
- Refund the purchase price for the product
- Provide a replacement door at a discounted price
- In the event that a factory-applied finish is defective, Jemison’s will either refinish the door or
refund up to $300 to the owner.
Maintaining/ Cleaning Door
To clean your Iron Door, we suggest using mild soap and water only with a soft cloth. Using harsh chemicals (Mineral Spirits, Oops Remover, etc.) or abrasive cleaning materials will break down the finish and potentially damage the door. The door’s hinges should be greased yearly to ensure smooth operation.